Customs Form

  • No specific regulations and up to discretion of US airport Custom agent
  • Items purchased overseas (generally over $2500) are charged duties
  • Dental items valued over this amount require proof that items were not purchased overseas, otherwise customs can impound equipment—broker is needed to get the stuff back
  • Best to use CBP Form 4455, stamped and signed by Customs, along with inventory of dental items—a receipt for the items may also work
  • My local custom agent (once they saw my dental stuff) signs the form without seeing anything, up to a week before