CDS Mission Statement: As Christian Dental providers, the Christian Dental Society aspires to share the good news of Jesus Christ, while encouraging and serving others at home and abroad.
Because you have participated on a dental mission trip with a Christian Dental Society dentist, you are entitled and encouraged to join the CDS for FREE. This opportunity will be effective until December of your anticipated year of graduation and we hope you will continue contributing to others as a member.
The Christian Dental Society has been encouraging, teaching, assisting, and equipping as the premier leader in dental missions for over 50 years. The CDS is a 501© 3 volunteer organization. Christians have long recognized that meeting a person’s physical needs is one of the most effective ways to show God’s love and to share the Good News of Jesus. The CDS cooperates with all Christ-centered churches in their dental mission programs and is not controlled or governed by any denominational affiliation.
CDS Membership Benefits
• To be a part of the ongoing mission story of CDS’ 50 plus year history when ministering dentally around the world.
• Develop relationships with Christians both at home and globally.
• Consultations with seasoned missionary veterans, travel pointers, and dental tips for serving in austere settings.
• Loan of dental instruments (surgical, hygiene, restorative) and portable dental equipment (operative units, portable chairs, x-ray units, sterilization) for short-term mission projects (nominal fees).
• “Individual Designated Accounts” created by CDS for you to deduct mission expenses.
• Extensive CDS website of Christian organizations requesting dentistry, resources to facilitate dental trips, CDS directories, and shared experiences at wwwchristiandental.org.
• News-Briefs and Facebook.
• Practice builder—list your office information on CDS website for patients looking for a Christian dentist.
Why Go on a Dental Mission?
• To give purpose to life by using our talents to be significant and to make a difference.
• We lovingly help less fortunate people.
• It provides opportunities to share God’s love overseas and at home.
• To encourage everyone involved.
• Adventure and wonderment in life.
• To set an example of service for family, friends and community.
• Allows more appreciation for our blessings and decreases materialistic desires.
• Friendships and relationships grow.
• Professional exchange, mentoring and networking.
• To understand and value diversity.
• To see God’s presence in the world and to receive spiritual blessings.